CEUs provided by Florida Art Therapy Services, LLC – CE Provider# 50-21407. Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling expires 03/31/2021.
12 Hr CH 491 Florida Qualified Supervisor Training, CE Broker Course # 20-60908
Thursday August 8 & Friday August 9, 2019. Thursday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM & Friday 8:00AM – Noon
- In this (2 Day) face-to-face interactive training participants will develop their knowledge base and skills needed to become an effective and qualified supervisor. Participants will learn various models of, and ethical approaches to, supervision by engaging in both didactic and creative experiential based learning. In addition, we cover all the practical aspects of preparing to become a supervisor including a sample supervision contract and record keeping documentation that can be tailored to the participant’s practice. This course is designed to meet the Florida Statute requirements of the Board of SW, MFT, & MHC.
- Participants will be able to :
- List and describe at least 3 major models of supervision for clinical social work, marriage and family therapy or mental health counseling;
- Begin to formulate a personal model of supervision, drawn from existing models of supervision and from preferred styles of therapy;
- Describe at least 2 methods of assessing and educating supervisee on contextual variables in practice such as culture, gender, ethnicity, power and economics which impact the therapeutic relationship;
- Become familiar with the ethical, legal and regulatory issues of supervision;
- Review the Florida laws and the board rules governing interns and supervision;
- Understand the role of evaluation in supervision; and,
- Understand that every third biennium, a qualified supervisor shall obtain a 4 hours of supervisory training and continuing education.
- We will provide: coffee, tea, water, fruit, muffins and a healthy snack option. We have a full size refrigerator if you would like to bring a packed lunch or snacks (sorry, we don’t have a microwave for reheating). Otherwise, you will be on your own for lunch. There are a variety of restaurant options within a few minutes of our office, including: Tropical Smoothie, Panera, Square One Burgers, Pho 99, Skyline Chili, Molon Labe Souvlaki, Chef Brooke’s Natural Cafe, Wok Cuisine, Bella’s NY Pizza, and Nathan’s Famous Hotdogs.
- Participants may want to bring a light sweater for your comfort.
- Registration Fees for this 12 Hour CEU training are $325.00. Register online at https://goo.gl/forms/HwApvjSsoxBFbjGn1