CEUs provided by Florida Art Therapy Services, LLC – CE Provider# 50-21407. Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling expires 03/31/2021.
Social Emotional Regulation Skills, CE Broker Course #20-688786
March 1, 2019 8:30AM – Noon
- We are excited to offer this 3 hour didactic and experiential course designed to aide clinicians working with children with special needs, specifically those experiencing challenges with executive functioning.
- Children who experience challenges with social emotional regulation skills often have difficulty developing healthy interpersonal relationships, may become easily frustrated resulting in negative behavioral manifestations. This can create challenges in both the home and school environments for these youth. Early intervention and treatment which integrate cognitive behavioral therapy skills can effectively meet the needs of these children and assist parents, teachers and caregivers in supporting their ability to self-regulate. This course will attend to the specific needs of these children, facilitate a greater understanding of the neurological mechanisms at play, and provide useful interventions for working with this population.
- Participants will earn 3 CEU’s and be able to:
- State and describe the relationship between a child’s level of alertness and emotions.
- Identify at least 2 social and 2 contextual cues used to interpret behavior.
- Describe a minimum of 2 ways deficits in executive functioning affects self-regulation (Reinstein & Burau, 2014).
- Demonstrate and identify at least 3 strategies/tools that can be utilized to assist children in adjusting their level of alertness/emotions to match the demands of the environment.
- Registration Fees for this 3 hour CEU training are $60.00. Advanced Registration required at https://goo.gl/forms/a4yPWiwPovI6UjTP2
Mastering Mandalas, CE Broker Course # 20-688872
We are excited to host the Three Day Continuing Education Course – Mastering Mandalas Workshop Level 1 – with Carol Thayer Cox, MA, ATR-BC, REAT and Amy Bucciarelli, MS, ATR-BC, LMHC, April 12 – 14, 2019. Register for the course at https://masteringmandalas.com/contact/
This three-day course will explore mandala-making as a way to find identity and meaning in the life cycles. The course will illuminate ways to use mandalas with clients and for your own self-exploration.
Participants will learn how to:
- Recognize the 13 stages in Joan Kellogg’s theory of the “Great Round of Mandala,”
- Understand how forms, themes, movement, and color in relation to the mandala stages can inform the therapeutic process,
- Explore prenatal, psychosocial, physiological, and transpersonal aspects of the lifecycle inspired by the work of developmental theorists including Jung, Freud, Erikson, and Kellogg,
- Gain hands-on experience using mandalas to understand lifecycle concepts in relation to creativity.
This training will teach professionals how to:
- Use mandalas as a tool to assess interpersonal development and states of consciousness,
- Ask clients directed questions informed by the mandalas,
- Visually conceptualize cycles that occur within periods of personal growth and across the life span,
- Use mandalas to help people work through difficult life experiences and cultivate personal insights.
- Comfortable business casual attire is suitable for the workshop. Bear in mind that the classroom can be chilly, while Ft. Myers can be warm so layer appropriately. Please wear clothing that you feel comfortable making art in. We will primarily be using oil pastels.
Register for the course at https://masteringmandalas.com/contact/
12 Hr CH 491 Florida Qualified Supervisor Training, CE Broker Course # 20-60908
Thursday August 8 & Friday August 9, 2019. Thursday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM & Friday 8:00AM – Noon
- In this (2 Day) face-to-face interactive training participants will develop their knowledge base and skills needed to become an effective and qualified supervisor. Participants will learn various models of, and ethical approaches to, supervision by engaging in both didactic and creative experiential based learning. In addition, we cover all the practical aspects of preparing to become a supervisor including a sample supervision contract and record keeping documentation that can be tailored to the participant’s practice. This course is designed to meet the Florida Statute requirements of the Board of SW, MFT, & MHC.
- Participants will be able to :
- List and describe at least 3 major models of supervision for clinical social work, marriage and family therapy or mental health counseling;
- Begin to formulate a personal model of supervision, drawn from existing models of supervision and from preferred styles of therapy;
- Describe at least 2 methods of assessing and educating supervisee on contextual variables in practice such as culture, gender, ethnicity, power and economics which impact the therapeutic relationship;
- Become familiar with the ethical, legal and regulatory issues of supervision;
- Review the Florida laws and the board rules governing interns and supervision;
- Understand the role of evaluation in supervision; and,
- Understand that every third biennium, a qualified supervisor shall obtain a 4 hours of supervisory training and continuing education.
- We will provide: coffee, tea, water, fruit, muffins and a healthy snack option. We have a full size refrigerator if you would like to bring a packed lunch or snacks (sorry, we don’t have a microwave for reheating). Otherwise, you will be on your own for lunch. There are a variety of restaurant options within a few minutes of our office, including: Tropical Smoothie, Panera, Square One Burgers, Pho 99, Skyline Chili, Molon Labe Souvlaki, Chef Brooke’s Natural Cafe, Wok Cuisine, Bella’s NY Pizza, and Nathan’s Famous Hotdogs.
- Participants may want to bring a light sweater for your comfort.
- Registration Fees for this 12 Hour CEU training are $325.00. Register online at https://goo.gl/forms/HwApvjSsoxBFbjGn1